Friday, November 11, 2016

Trump.

This week has been a disaster for the world. I know that this is not the platform to mouth off about Trump, because we are not united here for that reason. But, I don't think one can understate why this is the biggest political disaster in the history of the world since World War II. And I hope that everyone really understands this. 

There is an insult to everything that the truly great American leaders have built, the men and women (I include women here, because the wives of the American presidents have been just as influential in global consciousness as their husbands have been and this to me is significant) that have inhabited that great White House in DC. To think that the Obama's are moving out and the Trumps are moving in is unthinkable. Insulting. 

To think that woman will be taking over from a legacy of strong, beautiful, powerful, INTELLIGENT women is unspeakable. To think that she will take over from Hilary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Nancy Reagan, Eleanor Roosevelt... It is an insult. To think that a trophy wife will now be the most powerful woman in the country, that they will teach young Americans to look for a superficial relationship rather than one built on a true and equal partnership, to teach young men that you only need a pretty girl by your side, rather than a gutsy female who will support you. To teach young girls that it is better to look good and shut your mouth, rather than to run for president... it makes me sad. 

I am not American, yet I take this presidential election very personally. I take it personally, because it tells me that the ideologies which I fight for and which I stand up for every single day of my life - being called the feminist and being the one who is weird for refusing to accept harassment and will continue to argue when I get called sweetie at work - to think that the majority are not on my side. It breaks my heart. 

I will not accept Donald Trump as a world leader. I will fight with all my heart as much as I can to speak out in my personal capacity about what he misrepresents and why no one should ever aspire to his ideology. I may not have any influence, but I want to show everyone around me that I do not accept this and maybe if I do not, it will give them the courage to also not accept sexual assault as an institutionalised ideology. To accept that racism and xenophobia is NOT okay. That climate change is a real thing and waiting another four years to advance this as a REAL world challenge cannot happen. To not let what we are doing in the middle east to promote human rights and democracy fall by the wayside. 

If America stops fighting, we as the rest of the world need to double our efforts to make sure that the progress is not lost, to make sure that we do not lose momentum, to make sure that the lower rungs of our institutionalised class system are not forgotten and to make sure that all of our friends over in the United States know that we are there for them and that we will not accept what is about to happen to their country. 

Any of my friends from the US who need to talk or rant or cry. Anyone who feels marginalised, discriminated against or even just a little scared. Reach out to me, I am here for you. 

I won't take this standing down. We don't need to agonise, we need to organise. 

Peace & Love 
Xo Xo

1 comment:

Mandy Devoidde said...

Hi dear, I totally agree. I'm not American, not remotely, but it is obvious to me that this affects he whole world, not just politically but from a social point of view.
Having that uncultured uncouth joke as the president of the most powerful and influential bit of land in the world sends the most fucked up message our society has sent in a long while. And we all know how messed up that is.

I am so shocked and stunned and angry and everything in between. I don't understand at all. How was he even voted for by a single person. How.

It coincides also that I am going to go live in the US in a weeks time and I have so many feelings.
He is not my president though. That is for certain. I do not respect him so I can not accept him as anything superior to me or anyone else.

Agh god, I could make a whole blog post here in your comment section, I have a lot of things on my mind.

take care my dear and lets hope that together we can make a change.