Tuesday, June 23, 2015

France! Get Your Shit Together

You may be saying to yourselves now - ah, Piggy. Paris must be beautiful. *EEEEERRRRRRRR!!!* WRONG! The Eurostar very conveniently was cancelled today because there were striking workers coupled with a stampede of migrants - I'm not sure if you guys know much about what goes on at the 'border' of England and France at the tunnel near Calais, but there are migrant camps set up - Mexico/US style where people try to cross the border illegally. It's obviously a touch harder as there is only like... one tunnel. ANYWAY, so my train was cancelled and I was going to get on for tomorrow, but then I spoke to my colleague who got stuck on a train IN the tunnel with migrants trying to storm the train. Like seriously - is this England or is this South Africa? Either way, I can't be fucked to go to Paris now. I have bigger fish to fry!

I suppose the good news is that I now can go buy a scale tomorrow. David is putting on weight so we are officially both on 'diet' right now - which is naturally code for - he isn't going to ask me if I eat very little and won't have snacks in the house. 

Anyway, so I still don't know what my weight is - today I had my usual kale super food salad thing for lunch which had feta cheese, chicken, lime coriander and jalapeno dressing (homemade), buckwheat, kale and scallions (350), my soup/mash mush (200) and two nectarines (120), plus definitely about 100 cals in milk - so total for the day is an okayish 770. Happy with that. Hoping that when I get a scale I'll be in the 67's. HOORAY!

Peace & Kale
Xo Xo

1 comment:

Ṣαᵯ ȽuРіῄ│ said...

i've heard lots of people complaining about France though.

aw, that sucks bloody balls. fucking hell.

i also have been putting on a little bit. whoops. which is code for Sam can't keep her shit together and there are chocolates in the house.

awwww. 770 is so low (of course you know this). love you xx

-Sam Lupin