Monday, July 15, 2013

The Difference Between Fat and Thin

I was thinking on the tube when I was coming home tonight that it isn't unusual for people to totally skip a days worth of meals, until dinner time. I mean loads of people skip meals until dinner. It's not unusual therefore to not eat during the day and you won't be depleted and grumpy if you haven't had food till dinner. I suppose the difference between us and them is that when we get home, we have no intention of actually having a meal - so the skipping continue and it is so funny to think that the difference between being fat and being thin comes down to potentially one meal a day. I mean. Yesterday for example, I saw a picture of myself from a year ago and I was beautiful and thin. Now I'm just nasty. This is what prompted my goal to start starving properly again... 

Hang on. I need to play with Gremlin. He's biting my shoulder... 

Anyway, so that's what prompted my need to starve again. Now I could just as easily have gone 24 hours without eating (which is where I am right now) and then have a meal and my resolution would have to start all over again. Dyou know what I mean? It's that mentality where you shouldn't start tomorrow, because you are always one meal away from being your same fatass-self. Change starts with one meal. Being skinny starts with one meal. 

Today I've fasted. I had two cups of black coffee this morning and I'm about to have an absolute zero monster (cuz I'm addicted to these). I'm going to sleep early so that I don't cheat. And then tomorrow is going to be a fruit fast. And then Wednesday, let's hope for something fast-ish, but I have a work thing, which I know is going to require alcohol i.e. calories. I'm going to try and be good and not drink/eat. 

Peace & Love
Xo Xo

3 comments:

Sweetands0ur said...

I really wanna tell you not to starve yourself but I know I have no right to tell you what to do or not.
Just don't be too harsh on yourself, okay? :( Please take care and look after your body~
xx

Sam Lupin said...

I think it's maddening for people to only have one meal a day. that's just insane. what the fuck is that (okay i'm being a hypocrite since that is what i'm doing now especially in Ramadan and it's not a big meal either) but it's just because I don't like to eat at night. but omg normally, I would like graze all day long! :3
is that the cat or the German
oh
the cat
nevermind
baaaaaaaaaby. -holds- and as Sweetands0uru said - don't be too harsh on yourself okay? <3

Emily Anonymous said...

I would still say it's unusual to skip breakfast and lunch. If not unusual, then definitely unhealthy.
It's a bit derailing (for me) to be around people who normalize unhealthy behavior like overeating or skipping meals. (like, they're healthy otherwise and don't acknowledge any struggle involving food) If you ever decide you want to go into recovery I hope you don't fall into that same trap.