Friday, January 23, 2015

The Diet & The Exercise

So just a quick update - I've stuck to the exercise programme this week religiously and tomorrow I'm going to try and do a LISS session tomorrow anyway (Low Intensity Steady State) and then a 13 mile hike on Sunday, but that will be a chilled one, but still at 90 calories per hour - 1170 calories burned in one workout, which is excellent, so I'm going to have burned tons on Sunday. My diet hasn't been spot on, but I watched the BBC Horizon special on what diet is really right for you (if you haven't seen it then you MUST SEE IT - it's basically like the science of why people over eat, REALLY REALLY INTERESTING!). Okay, I'm digressing - catastrophic thinking - is the thing I wanted to mention. It is something that they talk about in the documentary and it is very relevant to not only the obesity convo, but also the way that we think about what happens when we cheat. GET TO THE FUCKING POINT PIGGY, JESUS! Okay so what happens when we cheat our diets, we think - oh god, I've done it, I may as well go COMPLETELY off the rails, because I'm already off the rails. I've written posts about this before, when it rains, it pours. This is something that was mentioned on this documentary and it was called 'catastrophic thinking' so regarding my diet, I did 3 bad things - 1 on each day this week, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - all three were eating a snack that was too high in calories and pushed me up from around 1000 cals to 1500 cals. But, having watched that piece on BBC, I was like, yes this is done, but it isn't an excuse to have a large bag of crisps, a chinese takeaway, a slab of chocolate, milkshake and miscellaneous carbs. 

Progress, slow and steady. I feel like this programme is helping me get over some of my ED stuff. I'm hoping for a weightloss on Monday when I weigh. Today, I had a cheat meal which was enormously high in calories, but I did also do my full body workout for the day. 

*QUICK NOTE, IF YOU ASKED ME FOR THE KAYLA ITSINES PROGRAMME AND I HAVEN'T SENT IT TO YOU, WON'T YOU ASK ME AGAIN? I WANT TO SHARE THE LOVE!!*

Peace & Love
Xo Xo

2 comments:

kittie said...

What is the name of rhat documentary?:-)

Sam Lupin said...

duuude. that is BOSS. that 1,170 calories in one workout. I haven't burned that much in forever. I burn 500-600 calories regularly (2-3 times a week) but DUDE. 1,170 calories...

imagine making up those cals!

dude, Lolita told me about it but I forgot to check it out. THANKS for reminding me!!

I am trying to do that as well. yesterday was one of the less successful days!

one thing that bothers me is when you're on a restrictive diet, don't lose any weight, and decide that because you are so angry at not losing any weight, you eat half the kitchen. what the hell?!

good luck, kitten. <3

-Sam Lupin