So, I had this idea. You know there are always the lists that we do on our blogs, 25 things about me, 25 things that I like. Of all the lists I have ever written, none of them have ever stayed the same. Interesting things about me and things that I like change over time. I mean, I'm very definitely not the same person that I was when I started this blog 18 months ago. But hell, I do believe that my beliefs about life have never changed and before we commence the usual torture of calories and the ever present lard that encases my body, I thought I would share 25 things that I truly believe about life and people. Here goes:
1. I believe in love at first sight.
2. I believe in soulmates.
3. I believe in peace above anything else.
4. I believe that honesty is overrated.
5. I believe that people are inherently good, but that other people poison the well.
6. I believe that people are who they are and will never change.
7. I believe in the universal pull of give and take - karma if you will.
8. I believe that I will change the world.
9. I believe that religion is an important part of the world, because it gives people faith and strength in the face of challenges that they do not believe they can meet - EVEN THOUGH I do not believe in religion or god for myself.
10. I believe that all people in every war are terrorists - there is a fine line between fighting for what you believe in and becoming a terrorist.
11. I believe that no state should be religious, because you should never enforce religious beliefs on any persons, that it should be an assumption of independent choice.
12. I believe in ghosts and spirits, and that sometimes the line between these worlds is blurred. And I believe this, not because I am a ghost-buster, I believe this because of quantum mechanics and the idea of parallel dimensions in space and time.
13. I believe in equality, for everyone, ALL the time.
14. I believe in abortion in order to stop the oppression of women based on gender.
15. I believe that I can bring people and forces to myself by putting out positive energy into the universe.
16. I believe that if I were an animal, I would be a cat.
17. I believe that I am absolutely mental, but that in order to be great, I can't expect to be average.
18. I believe that tequila can solve any problem.
19. I believe that crying is an action of getting rid of poisons in your body and that you need to cry in order to heal.
20. I believe that no one has the right to judge anyone else and that the majority of the problems in the world are based on people thinking they are entitled to do so.
21. I believe that I have the right to decide how I live and how I die.
22. I believe that the world is getting more stupid and that the future is one where we are ruled by idiots.
23. I believe in fate and the idea that there are no random occurrences - everything that is meant to happen will happen and everything happens for a reason, whether to steer you in a certain direction or to teach you a lesson.
24. I believe that the value of one life is worth the same as the lives of millions.
25. I believe that I am never really going to be happy, but that it is the life that I have chosen and in that, I find happiness.
Wow, I'm actually surprised how vulnerable I feel about writing those things. I kinda feel like a bit of a hippie but hey whatever. The usual torture is that today I have had about 530 cals. Not including all the tea I know I'm going to drink later, so lets say my total for the day will be about 630. TOPS. I'm still feeling so SO bloated. Someone sent me this meme which was the idea of having a jar (or in my case, a GIANT moneybox) into which you put little notes about things that happen that make you happy. Then at the end of the year, you read those notes. So I've started doing that. Not that there are a lot of happy things happening at the moment, but! I've put two notes in so far and I'm hoping to have many moments of optimistic awesomeness in the year to come. I feel like I am bi-polar-ly swinging between extreme optimism and extreme pessimism. Whatevs.
Love & Peace