Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ironically.

This post is more of a miniature rant than anything else, but don't you fucking hate it how people misuse the word 'ironically'. I swear to fuck, the number of times that people misuse that word is fucking ridiculous. In fact, words in general. For example, I use relatively big words when I talk. Not on this blog mind you, but in general my language could be described as a little verbose. But fuck it dudes, it kills me when people feel the need to match that language and they do it badly. One of my good friends does it a lot and she just fucks it up like crazy mad. Like saying irrespective instead of regardless. In a lot of the papers that I edit for work, this also happens to me SO often. It sounds like African politicians are speaking - which you may think is a bit of a strange thing to say, but let me tell you. The way things go down at home with politicians is the craziest use of the English language, instead of just saying something in 5 words, it has to be said in like 50. It drives me fucking nuts. 

Anyway. In other news, tomorrow is the start of a new week and I'm hoping to do 500 cal days for the rest of the week. I'm so fucken broke as well. *sigh* Anyone wanna contribute to the money for Piggy fund? *rofl*. I wonder sometimes about those women that are professional girlfriends. I feel like I should look into that. Get wealthy playboys to buy me nice things. God. It's like modern day prostitution isn't it. HAHA. What a thought.

Words & Lyrics
Xo Xo



6 comments:

Cammie said...

"Verbose" and "relatively big words" are not synonymous.
I'm sure you just misused the word here.

But anyway, I completely know what you mean with people fucking language up. If you don't the meaning of a word, or the correct usage of it, best just to leave it alone <3

xXTokyoVanityXx said...

I did consider being one of those 'Rinsers' like getting friendly with high end business men so they pay for everything. It's just about finding where they 'hang out'. I tried star bucks but there was just a lot of weathered, middle aged men writing novels...

Emily Anonymous said...

That's kind of scary if you edit professional papers that misuse big words. You would think people might learn how to write before they grow up.
I just read a peer paper for a class (this girl is a graduate student) and she had an incredible amount of grammatical errors. A few I can understand, but they were all over the place!

Sam Lupin said...

my language is...diverse to say the least. i can be both, as i don't speak formally when i talk to people but i mix my own formal speech with a lot of tumblr chat for lack of better wording.
i despise how people use certain wording to make themselves sound smarter. it's hilarious because usually, the words that they have structured makes no perpetual fucking sense.
i actually mean perpetual as in 'ever-lasting' perpetual. it makes sense for that moment then i look over it and go like wtf did you just smoke
i have $371.4 right now on me. i'd give you some if you needed it, you know. xD.
-Sam Lupin

Judith Marie said...

Hey pretty lady, I know exactly what you mean!

I once watched a show about girls who go out with "sugardaddies" and apparently there are older men who just want TGE or (the girlfriend experience) and all you have to do is go out with them, hold hands and go on dates. You don't have to kiss them if you don't want to and sex is definitely off the table. As I watched this I was like, where do I apply!!!! Sounds like the perfect job! They are all these older rich guys who buy you lots of presents. Was perfect.

I should definitely look into that. Sounds like an alright life to me!

Katie Elizabeth said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Ironic is one of the most misused words in the human language lol. Professional girlfriend sounds nice =)